Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas

This is the response I sent to a fellow blogger whose daily blogging is part of my daily reading. Thanks and Merry Christmas, Stacey

This is one of the most joyous seasons of the year for me.

My personal favorite holiday is Independence Day. This is the second.

The reason it is in the top are the events which surround or occur during this season. We gather today (Christmas Eve) at my parents house. We, being over 50 of the immediate family members ranging in age from 90 to 9 months. This range covers 5 generations. We gather for dinner around 4PM.

After dinner we adjourn to the living room around the tree. We spend time talking about what we are thankful for throughout the year. My mother (a full blooded German from Freising Germany) and I sing Silent Night in German. It was originally written in German. My sister in law sings Holy Night. My brother and I then distribute the gifts, one at a time, giving each recipient time and attention to open that gift. It makes children of all of us. The evening ends around 10 PM. In the roughly 6 hours that we spend together (this largest gathering of our family annually), there are no harsh words, no arguments, and no hurt feelings.

I wish you you and yours, a Christmas as children. I wish you the magic of the season. Christ said, "except you become as little children" you cannot enter His Kingdom. Be a child today of all days.

Merry Christmas
Ron

No comments: