Sunday, November 21, 2004

Sunday Morning

We didn't make it to church this morning. Tammy is still in bed. I can't bring myself to wake her continually. She has had so much pain with her wrist in the last 3 days that she hasn't really slept much. She sleeps very lightly when she is in pain. Her body is too tense to fall into a deep satisfying sleep. She puts on the good face for everyone around. She will tell them that it hurts if they ask, but only those of us close and watching really know just how much pain she is enduring. She is a strong woman. She is a stubborn one as well. I am not always sure which is carrying her at any given moment, but it is usually one of those two.

Turning in my office chair, seated at the computer, I can see her in the bed. She is still for the moment. That is a good thing. It is an effort to keep that happening. I have to keep the big lummox out of the room and off of the bed. He just loves playing and doesn't understand that sometimes playing isn't what has to happen. For now, he is on the floor behind me chewing noisily on his bone. That makes it easy to track him. When it gets quiet, I have to start looking for him.
I am thinking this needs to be a 'keep Tammy in the bed' day. Not that it will actually happen, but it is worth the effort.
Oh, there was no karaoke last night at the reception. Tammy and I did manage to sing, albeit quietly. The wedding couple were doing the first dance thing. It was to the song, "When I say I do" by Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black. As they played the tape or CD, Tammy and I sang along where we were, to each other. A lady sitting nearby, told me, "you go, boy". She told us that we sounded good together and that we should sing together more often. Tammy told her that we actually do sing together a lot. She was impressed. Another day, another fan (laughing).
We will see how the rest of the day goes in my Herculean task of keeping Tammy in bed. If you do not hear from me for a few days, just wish me the best.

No comments: