Monday, November 15, 2004

Oh my Lord, a Monday without incident !

It wasn't a perfect Monday by any means, but it was calamity free. It started, if you count past midnight last night, rather painfully. My right wrist was aching terribly. Here is just a brief history lesson. I was a senior in High School (yes, ancient history), and in Gym class. We were working on tumbling, which I loved. One of the regular goof off's was goofing off as usual. He caused me to lose my balance in a chest stand. I went to hit him in the shoulder. As I swung, he turned. I made contact before I tightened up my hand. It broke a bone in my wrist, unbeknownst to me. I found out many years later during a visit to a chiropractor that the 'luna' bone was missing in my right wrist. This causes my wrist to ache greatly at times. This morning was one of those times.

It was aching enough that I could not sleep. Therefore, I stayed up until 4 AM. When I did drag my hiney to bed at 4, I was still wide awake. I talked to Tammy for about 20 minutes or better. Finally, I tried to sleep, tossing and turning most of the rest of the night. I vaguely remember the alarm at 7 AM to get the kids up. Then I remember Tammy coming back to bed and I slept until about 9AM.

Karla called me at some point in the morning about her Dad needing someone to do some electric work for him. Tammy and I went to check it out on our way out to the post office to get more stamps. We came back home and Tammy took the kids to the grocery and thrift store while I looked up material prices and figured a bid for the electrical work.

Soon it was time to gather children from schools and then we tried to decide how we were gonna fix the pork tenderloin for supper. After a quick check online and finding nothing appealing, I went to the kitchen to see what was available to cook with it. I decided that I was going to cube the sliced pork tenderloin, and cook it in the Wok with minced garlic, habanero sauce, and roasted garlic oil. When the pork was cooked well enough, I added diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and olive oil, and a can of condensed tomato soup. Tammy prepared rice. When it was all finished, I mixed it all together. The kids devoured it.

Evening was slow and uneventful for the most part. Tammy touched up her roots. Mr. Gray was trying to get into the house. She stopped him dead. It is about 11:30 now and I don't think I will be doing the 4 AM thing again tonight.

Sweet dreams all.

No comments: