Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Another smashing Tuesday night

It has been a mostly good day.
While online today (AOHell) and in a chatroom, I saw a screenname that captured my eye. It gave me cause to ponder. It started my mind a churning. The screenname was to the effect that the 'pain is silent'. Tammy saw it as well and her mind was working overtime. Eventually, we both scribbled words down.
Tammy let me read hers this evening and it was brilliantly done. It was filled with the pain of her childhood. Every line was full and yet beautiful. Do I sound like a proud hubby or what? It is true, though. She tells me when I sing that she will be honest with me about how I do, cuz music is important to her. Writing is important to me. I will be honest about writing. I might be tactful, but I will be honest.
There is one line at the end that is great. She says I can include it here. It is 'the sound of innocence shattered is deafeningly still.. '. I will share mine with ya later when I mold it into something cohesive.
This evening was Chelsea's first after school concert. It was great. Chelsea and her classmate did great. The new music teacher is a bit strange, but that seems to be a good thing in this case. My only question concerns why music teachers seem to pick songs that, while showcasing the singing skills of the students, are also boring those same students to death.
It is .. well .. was .. Tuesday. You know what that means. Karaoke !Tammy did some new stuff. She did 'Nothing compares', written by Prince, sang by Sinead O'Connor. She did 'Summer lovin' and 'Paradise by the dashboard lights' in a duet with our friend Todd. She did 'Jolene' by Dolly Parton. Then she did 'Sweet Dreams' by the Eurythmics. I did 'Never been to Spain', by Three Dog Night, 'The Love Song' by Jeff Bates, 'How do you like me now?" by Toby Keith, and finished the night with an a cappella version of 'You had me from hello' by Kenny Chesney. That's right, you heard it here, A cappella Karaoke.
The evening had it's down spots and one of them was a major bummer, but we will go on. Life is going to throw curves at you simply because it is life and they are part of the package. A good friend once told me that 'trials will make you better or bitter'. I choose to be better.

No comments: