Sunday, November 21, 2004

Half Of The Moon

Half of the moon came visiting tonight
Reflecting light through the rolling clouds
Bluing the sky as best it could
The ebbing glow defining the darkness beside
The clouds offered no comfort
For the missing part
The chill of the night air
Exemplifies that deep ache inside

Sometimes only half of me is here
Reflecting that light of love
My heart searches for you
When you are not at my side
Just out of sight for the time
My heart peers into the blackness
Created by the necessary departing
Of where my heartbeats reside

Time and need have taken you
To another place, near or far
Though still a part
Still my forever bride
The darkness and the ache
Serve to deeply remind
You will ever in my soul, hide
Always within my heart, abide.

My brother, half of the moon
Came visiting tonight.

Ron

November 21, 2004

No comments: