Monday, November 01, 2004

Monday Monday

Here we are. We have managed to make it to another Monday.

Today was a slow day. I put in a few job apps and rested. I managed to give Malcolm a bath. He is great to give a bath. He just stands there while ya soak, suds, and rinse him.
The cold is waning but the battle has left me tired today. It has interrupted my sleep patterns. I cough through the night and therefore do not really rest. I laid down this afternoon for a bit. Tammy won't cooperate. She won't wake me in an hour.

We went to the grocery to get onions, red peppers, and green peppers. I decided to cook supper tonight and needed those things for the beef broccoli stir fry. Tammy has been on a sugar fit lately. She was jonesing on the Halloween candy being all on sale. She did manage to settle on just two full sized chocolate bars.
I love cooking. Tammy is a great cook and it is so easy to let her cook. She loves it as well. When we were at the grocery last week, roast was on sale. We bought two. Tammy fixed one as a roast. I specifically got the second with the intent to cook the beef broccoli. Tonight was that night.

It turned out great.

I did get smarter. Instead of standing to do all the things I needed to do to prep the ingredients, I pulled the stool over and sat. Standing kills my back.


This evening I had a flash of brilliance. Tammy and I went to the movies. We went to the discount movies. So, for $3 we got to spend 110 minutes in a dark room without kids. It was grand. We saw "the Village". It was an interesting movie. We liked it.

Tomorrow .. Election Day .. WaaaaaHoooooo

No comments: