Thursday, November 27, 2008

thankful

Looking around, I can see so many things to be thankful about.

I am thankful for the seven children I am involved in raising. I am thankful that I do not agree with everything they do. This means they have developed their own distinct and ,at time, differing opinions.

I am thankful for my growing relationship with TJ. I love her more today than I did yesterday, but not as much as I will love her tomorrow. I am thankful we do not allow our differences and debates to interfere with the basis of who we are and the love we share.

I am thankful for my home. I am thankful for my aches and pains, as they remind me that I am. indeed, still alive. I am thankful for the love of dear friends. I am thankful for a cluttered life. I, too, am thankful for mud puddles, Heather. I am thankful to know a grace full and loving God.

I am thankful for all my friends. I am thankful for the ones I have physically embraced. I am thankful for the ones I have only cybernetically embraced. I am thankful for all my friends in all my categories. (work, community, church, childhood, family .. etc)

I am thankful for my 4 sisters and 1 brother and the army of in-laws and nieces and nephews that surround my life. The immediate family numbers in the 50's.

I am thankful I don't have to remember all the things for which I am thankful. We could be here a long time.


So, here, is to good friends and family. Here, is to short naps after eating too much. Here, is to too much noise in too small a space. Here, is to me, Here, is to you. Here, is to giving thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving !




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Wisconsin!

Blessings, Whit