Sunday, November 30, 2008

still in da grip of da code

here I am, still fighting with this cold. I hate colds. Did I mention that I hate colds. I did get up earlier and worked on the bible study for my other blog. I completed it and set it to post on Wednesday. Then I crawled back into the security of my water bed. My sweet warm cozy water bed loves me. I woke up short ago with that urgency that took me to the bathroom. Got to replace fluids. Got to take more drugs. Yipee.

So, I am going to cheat a little bit here. I am going to post a poem of mine that may or may not have ever been on my blog. If the date is farther back than August 2004, then I can safely say it has not been. Hope you enjoy. Forgive my disease induced laziness.

Ah, found one. This is a collection of short poems I wrote for Tammy while I was working on the road. I was staying in Madison, Indiana and working on the Clifty Creek Power Plant. For six weeks (or thereabouts) I wrote her a 8 line poem expressing how much I missed her. Here they are for you to enjoy. I call it "The Missing Collection"

The 'Missing' Collection

The sound of the crowd,
Echoes in my ear,
I can hear their revelry,
Their sadness and their cheer,
The joy, well shared,
Is lost, I fear,
Above the noise is the quiet,
The sound of you not being here.
April 18, 2003

I rose early as always,
To greet my new day,
But something was amiss,
As I made my usual way,
It was there behind my voice,
In everything I would say,
The noise that lonely makes,
Whenever you are away.
May 1, 2003

Just one day out,
And the missing has begun,
Still several days,
Before the week is done,
I'll hold you close to heart,
'Til the course is run,
And missing evaporates, like dew,
In the morning sun.
May 7, 2003

Missing the simplest things,
Has my heart beguiled,
A smile full of warmth,
Pure laughter like a child,
The sweetness of her voice,
After familiar numbers are dialed,
Carries my heart to peace,
Where our spirits smiled.
May 8, 2003

I pour myself into work,
Giving all exhaustion will take,
Still at night I lie,
Thinking of you and wide awake,
I try to fill the void,
'Without you' seems to make,
Still no cure I find,
For this missings ache.
May 15, 2003

Missing you,
And the joyous ache it brings
Reminds my heart,
Of the very reason it sings
Why, while we are together,
It soars on gladness wings
Missing tethers me to earth,
With reality strings
May 17, 2003

Ron Simpson, Jr.

No comments: