Wednesday, April 27, 2005

One line

All I want to say is what I want to hear.

It seems there are those that play the verbal ping pong game. You know about ping pong. I hit the ball to you. You hit the ball back to me. REPEAT. There are some folks that tell you something just to elicit a certain response back from you.

They tell you something with a lingering hook on the end of their statement, meant to grab you and draw you into a response. That kind of behavior irks me. When I have something to tell you, I'll tell you. When I don't have anything to tell you, I won't tell you. No amount of slapping the words in my direction is going to drag words out of my mouth that I ain't feeling like saying at the moment.

When I tell you something, it is because I am feeling it at the moment and I feel inclined to share.


This is not the result of anything going on in my life at the moment. It was just a one liner that popped into my head and wouldn't leave. So, here it is, popping out of my mouth (or the end of my fingers).

No comments: