Monday, January 03, 2005

Made it !

I made it through the first day with students.

My first block (each one being 90 minutes long) consisted of 5 students. That class went well. It was all sophomores, ranging from 15 to 17 years old. A couple of them have had some vocational experience before this class, but not much electricity.

My second block consisted of 5 students as well. This class also went well. It was a mix of sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Some of them had welding last semester. I did discover one little glitch. I couldn't remember if I told them something that I told first block. I couldn't remember if I was remembering telling them or first block. I have to figure out how to do that.

Third block was a small crowd. There were 3 students, which was one more than was originally on the register. It was a good little group though.

Fourth or last block was a curious one. I had 2 students. I only had one on the roll. The second was an add in. One was a senior, that just broke up with his unfaithful GF and had trouble being in one place all the time. The other was a sophomore that should be a senior that wants to work for the local power cooperative. He seems to have concentration issues.

Still, all in all, it was a good day. I survived. There were no shootings, no drug busts, and no excessive hall pass use.

No comments: