Monday, September 13, 2004

Left hanging

oops .. Did I leave ya hanging or what ?

The conference call thing was postponed .. Twice .. And rescheduled. Turns out that Phenix & Phenix are not publishers, but publicists. They will work to get ya known after you are published. They are going to send me a market analysis that I can use for leverage when choosing or searching for literary agent. Of course, this presumes that the analysis comes back saying that the book would be a success. I am sure it wont be much leverage if it comes back saying it is the lamest idea for a book ever conceived. I am back to square one, or perhaps square one point one, since I gained a little knowledge here.

Since talking with Andy at P&P, I have hit the research trail once again, looking for publishers. I have chosen 4 to send emails requesting forms and/or info. I looked into publishers considered to be small press because they are more willing to work with new authors (or at least that is the perception). Time will tell and we shall see what is to be.

No comments: