Thursday, September 16, 2004

Blank Page

I am sitting here with a blank page in front of me wondering what the heck I am gonna rant about. It isn't like there aren't randomly regular things to complain about. I could always go off on traffic in Lexington. I saw a bumper sticker once on a car that said, "Why am I the only person on the planet that knows how to drive?" I now have great empathy for that guy. Today doesn't feel like a traffic ranting day, however.

I could complain about the weather, but that is so trite. It isn't like complaining about it will change it. Most of the things complain about are things we can't change (well, at least not by complaining). It serves little purpose to complain about them except to remind us of how miserable we are. When you complain to friends, it becomes a complaint fest with each one trying to complain about a bigger ill than the last. ("Oh yeah, well there was this one time in band camp ..")


The day had some good spots. This morning I met a unique creature. It was (are ya ready for this) a pleasant, helpful, courteous, articulate, government worker. Mrs Howard, my hat is off to you. (We did compliment her while we were there as well.) I was at the social security office to apply for my disability. My hypothyroidism, edema, and arthritis are to the point where I cannot meet the physical demands of my jobs anymore. This is a hard step to take. It might be a step I should have taken over a year ago, but I am stubborn.

The other bright spot of the day was that it is payday. Yes, the ever popular dollar rears its head. "Money, It's a crime .." Oh well, gotta feed the kids and working beats bank robbing. You know, that whole incarceration thing just doesn't appeal to me.

So, the day was normal. It had a little good, a little bad, a little indifferent, and will have some drama before the day is out. It will be a full day.

Oh yeah, and I have a job interview for entry level management at Radio Shack this evening. We will see how that goes.

No comments: