Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Breathe, darn it, breathe

Around 3 o'clock this afternoon, something happened to my breath. I took this great big gulp of air and put my manuscript into a DHL express envelope, and away it went toward Austin TX. It should be there for their media team to look over by Friday morning. Then they will call me and have a conference call type 'give and take' about the book. Can I hold my breath that long?
I know that whatever happens, I am the same person today that I will be on Friday. If they love it, I will be me (excited, but still me). If they hate it, I will be me (discouraged slightly, but still me). It is 148 pages, 48000 words, mostly of mine. Tammy added 9 pages at the end called, "Tammy's turn at the keyboard". It was easier for me to keep a daily diatribe about the situation as I did have a small amount of distance. Tammy sat down a couple times during the ordeal and put how she was feeling on paper. Whatever happens, it is a good read. I sent it to a couple friends first for them to read and rate. The reviews were good. If it helps or encourages one person, it is a good thing. It was therapeutic to write. That is a good thing too.
I just have to remember to breathe.

No comments: