Thursday, September 09, 2004

How do you know you can do that ?

I sent this to post yesterday, but Blogspot wasn't cooperating.

I was reading some of my online news sources and came across a strange one.

It seems that Ilker Yilmaz, a 28 year old construction worker from Istanbul, Turkey, might have set a new world record. He poured milk into his hand, loudly snorted it up his nose, and then squirted it 9.223 feet out of his LEFT EYE. It seems he is one of a few that can do this because of an anomally in his tear gland.
That is all well and good, but, how the heck do you figure out the you can do that. It isnt a mainstream sporting event. Never once in my 18 years of public school, college, or technical school has any teacher in any subject ever brought up this possibility. I did dodge ball, but no eye spitting. I got a ribbon for my talent on the rings when I was a sixth grader, but no one got a ribbon for eye spitting. On Field Day's, there were some crazy events, but still, you guessed it, no eye spitting. I did the vault, the horse, and I tumbled. No eye spitting. Wrestled. No eye spitting. Football. No eye spitting.
How do you discover this talent? Do you choke one day on your school lunch milk and instead of milk squirting out your nose, it shoots out of your eye? It just isn't the natural thing to do. No one normally snorts milk up their nose for squirting it out of the eye. Sorry. Not gonna happen.

No comments: