Saturday, September 18, 2004

Defraging .. Good idea

I just defragged the computer. It runs faster and better now.

Can I get a defrag button for my life ?

You know when you store bits of info on your computer, it gets scattered around. Every once in a while, you hit that defrag option and it gathers all those bits of info and sorts and collates them. It puts all those errant little tidbits into their proper place. It speeds up the operation of your computer, because it doesn't have to search every where for all pertinent info. Yes, I know that is an over simplification, but it works.

I need a defrag option for my life. All the things we encounter get stored in our heads. Every joy and sorrow is in there waiting to help you react to the next joy or sorrow. They have different names than your CPU, but the hippocampus, the hypothalamus, and amygdala are all parts of the most wonderful and elaborate processing system ever created. Everything that happens is compared to everything that has ever happened. I just think that sometimes I need a way to gather all those errant memories and tie them neatly in areas of similar concern.
I just want to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a gadget without reliving all my childhood while in the gadget aisle. Ok, that is a way over exaggeration. I do, however, wish I could get rid of some of these useless bits of info. I never use them unless I am playing Trivial Pursuit. That doesn't happen often anymore. Well, not since that incident in Mexico .....

No comments: