Thursday, September 09, 2004

11 months of hers/mine

We have two sets of clippers. We have two vehicles. We have two microwaves. We have two refrigerators. We have been married for nearly 11 months (hey honey, our anniversary is Oct 11). It is hilarious the way we keep things identified. There are things that each of us brought into the marriage. We sill identify them as hers/his. She brought her car, her microwave, her clippers. It isn't like I ask for permission to use those things, nor does she. She will tell me if she is taking 'my' truck and ask if I were going to use it. We identify the clippers by who brought them to know which ones need to be cleaned or was used last.
On the outside looking in, it would seem that we are being territorial. We don't do it with the refrigerators cuz we got both while married. We got our waterbed while married. It is our bed. Even when it was my bed that we had before, I don't recall calling it my bed. It is just a tag. So, if ya visit, don't be surprised to hear us talking about his/hers.
There is her dog. there is my dog. There is my cat that has become our cat. There is 'the' snake and there is 'Chris'' rat. There are my kids and her kids. We do share the grandkids. I call her kids my kids. she calls my kids her kids. When someone requires more clarification, however, the tags come out.

This is my blog, tho .. lol

No comments: