Tuesday, March 08, 2005

20 minutes

I am having the students install completely a simple receptacle/switch/light circuit. Before I wanted them to do it, I wanted to make sure that I could still do it. This morning, I planned to come in a little early and do it myself.

You know what happens anytime you plan on coming in early? You are always later than usual. When I left the house this morning it was already after 7. I was way late. I got to school at 7:30. Then Richard wanted to ask me about a fan motor for his furnace. It was 7:35 before I made it to my class.

I unlocked and opened the tool room. I got my tools and material. I installed the project. I cleaned my area. I put away my tools. I got upstairs into the classroom at 7:55. It took me 20 minutes from start to finish. It was not a record time, but it was a good time.


The class has been doing them all day with at least an hour to accomplish it. No one has finished it yet. They are, for the most part, trying and doing fairly well. One more block to go. We will see if anyone approaches the bar.

No comments: