Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cloe in pencil



Years ago, while working on a nuclear power plant in Pennsylvania, we had some down time due to paperwork issues. We had to have a 2
PQ before we could make any electrical terminations, and there was an issue with a termination process that stopped us cold. While we were waiting and being paid, I did a caricature of one of the guys in the crew. He loved it and asked if I could do portraits. I told him that I had never tried. He brought photos of his children (2) and I did portraits from them. Soon after, all the guys were bringing photos and I stayed busy during our down time. I haven't done much in the way of portraits since then.

Recently, TJ asked if I would do a pencil portrait of Cloe. I didn't know if I could, since, like I said, it had been years. Still, I figured I would give it a shot. Above is the result. It was from a picture I took of her some time back.

2 comments:

Gill said...

WOW i'm seriously impressed! You have a talent here, you made Cloe look every bit as adorable as any photo could. Love her eyes, just brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! You got some serious talent there...