Monday, October 10, 2005

Anniversary

Do you know

Do you know
How many times
In the bed
At the desk
In the truck
You have touched me
And awakened the ache?

Do you know
How many times
Just the sound of your voice
On the phone
In the next room
Or just a whisper
Has awakened the ache?

Do you know
The places
The height
The depth
The softness of your kiss
Awakens?

Can you know
The fire inside
That never dies
That burns my soul
That feeds the yearning
Awakened?

Will you know
What you see
Is the spillage
What I cannot show
What fills my heart
What overflows
When awakened?

Do you know?

Ron Simpson, Jr.
October 10, 2005


On the occasion
Of our second year anniversary

October 11, 2005

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron,

Your words make me cry... they are beautiful..

You and Tammy are such a fantastic pair.