Thursday, August 26, 2004

SHARKS !!!

My daughter, Chasity, brought me some posterboard this morning when she dropped off Ian. She is a daycare teacher. We babysit Ian one day a week to keep close. She brought the poster board cuz she wants me to do a little drawing. She is doing a sea wall. She wants me to draw some jellyfish, some fish, some eels, and a shark. That shouldn't be any problem.
I decided to go to a shark site to refresh my memory about shark details. AOL popped up with site about 'how to avoid sharks' AOL Research and Learn: Now You Know .. It just ran thru my head that I am in Kentucky and I think staying here is a darn good way to avoid sharks. I can't remember the last time I saw a shark driving down I-75 or I-64. So, to sum it up. Stay away from where sharks are known to be. You know, the ocean, aquariums, daycare walls, etc. I can scan the news here and never come up with a local shark attack. I am about 500 miles from the closest ocean and therefore about 500 miles from the nearest location where I might have to be concerned.

Ian hasn't seen us for 2 weeks. Tammy was being tortured last Thursday. He has been a little fussy. It took him a little while to get used to seeing me again. He has some kind of fear of my beard. I don't know if a beard attacked him somewhere or not. It might have been a bearded shark attack. Who knows ?

No comments: