Thursday, August 26, 2004

Pruning the Bush

It is time to prune the Bush. While in court last week, the Judge asked me about work prospects. I explained to her that it was simple. The Democrats give tax incentives to manufacturers to increase production. Increased production means building or expanding. This feeds the construction industry. This puts me to work. The Republicans take that tax incentive away from the manufacturers and give it to the wealthy 2% of the nation. The idea is that it will trickle down to me .. Eventually. It is called 'Trickle down economics". I told the Judge that "I would have trouble finding a job until I voted George Bush out of office." She smiled and told me that I would be helping her then.

Today, I read an article about the increase in the number of people in this country living below the poverty level. It included the numbers on the number of Americans without health care. Those Americans living below the poverty line increased by 1.3 million to 35.8 million. The number uninsured increased by 1.4 million from 43.5 million. It was the third straight annual increase for both categories. Add it up. 3 years of increases and 3 years of Bush. Remember the words of Bill Clinton in his campaign against the elder Bush, "It's about the economy".

Americans will argue about abortion and gay rights. They will debate the right and proper way to fight terrorists. They toss around the noble ideas of conservatism and tolerance. However, get into my wallet and we are gonna fight. This President is taking bread off of my table. His under funding of education is taking bread from the tables of my children and their children.

For those interested in the issues, there are stark differences between John Kerry and George Bush, but in the ones that many Christians seem to hang on, there is little difference. Both oppose gay marriage. Both seek to promote tolerance of homosexuals. George Bush is opposed to abortion but does not think we should reverse Roe Vs. Wade. He further says that their stance on the abortion issue is not a consideration when he chooses appointees for Government and Cabinet positions.


It is time to prune the Bush

No comments: