Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I will fight to the death .. Or until you get close

I have been reading the news of the world, the one outside of my door.

It seems that Iraqi Cleric Al-sadr in Najaf has decided that fighting unto death is no longer a good idea. Once troops got close enough to actually carry out his wishes, he decided that he needed to sign a peace accord. In the terms of this accord, he will remove and turn over the militants hiding in the shrine. Not only is he surrendering, but he is turning over those under his command or protection. What happened to the day when a person vowed to fight til death and did it. "I will win or get close to death trying" Just doesn't have the same menacing ring, does it? "I will defy you until you almost beat me up." Oooooo, scary !. "You wont get my lunch money .. Unless you threaten me a whole lot."

Kids playing in a grown up world with grown up toys. They will be the death of us all.

No comments: