Sunday, August 29, 2004

hmmmmm...zzzzzzz

There are three thousand four hundred twenty-seven things that I think need to be done today. For the life of me I am trying to get motivated to do them. I went to church this morning. Afterwards, I walked with the Pastor as he showed me some electrical things that need to be done. Those will be one of this weeks projects.
As we left, I did the 'hot coffee on my legs' dance. Tammy left her (well.. Mine that she stole) coffee cup on the center console of the Blazer. Turning out the driveway was enough to flip it over and spill on my lower legs. Then it dived for the floor board in a stunning Oscar worthy performance of dying. It was flipping and falling, all in slo-mo, while it's life essence spilled out. I pulled over and was going to stop, but Tammy's heroic efforts to rescue the coffee cup kept me from hitting the brakes. Eventually, we stopped and I got napkins out of the back to soak up the coffee. Then off we went on our merry little way. Exciting, eh ?
You know ? Life is as much about how you see things as what actually happens. If you can see the humor in life's awkward or even unpleasant moments, you will be much better off. I try to think of how I would feel if I were watching this happen to someone else. If it would be funny there, it is funny here. One of my Ron-isms, of which you are welcome to get your own blog and disagree, is about truth. A truth is a truth in all circumstances. There are circumstantial truths. There are truths that are only true under certain conditions, but real truth is true, always. If it is not, then it is not the truth. That is fairly simple, I think. Therefore, if it is funny when it happens to someone else, it is funny when it happens to me.
Was that the continental shelf ? Did something suddenly get deep in here ? We were walking along in the shallow water talking about dancing dying coffee cups when suddenly without warning, we are delving into the very aspects of what is truth. Scary.

It might be the lack of sleep talking. Somehow, I doubt it tho.

No comments: