Sunday, August 22, 2004

Picnic Sunday

Here it is .. Picnic Sunday

Let me back up to the Birthday celebration. Last night was a blast. We went to Todd's Karaoke to celebrate a few birthdays. Tammy's is on Monday. Lisa's is on Tuesday. Crystal, Cynthia, and Shawn's are on Wednesday. Tammy bough her first and last drink. The four in the middle were bought by others wishing her a happy birthday. She was lit. I drank my usual, water. We sang, laughed, hugged and kissed everyone around. We made it home shortly after one AM. Tammy told me she was gonna take advantage of me but by the time I got to bed she was passed out. She owes me one.

We got up this morning and started the preparations. Tammy went to the nursing home to get her mom. We take her to all the picnics. She loves getting out. I sliced onions and tomatoes. I filled up the Mayo, ketchup, and mustard bottles. It was so exciting. Tammy came home with Mom. She was in rare form this afternoon. We think she has begun hallucinating. Talking to her is like coming in in the middle of a movie and trying to catch up. You never know who is lurking in the corner.

We picked up the charcoal that we forget to get at Wal-Metropolis-Mart. Jordan rode his bike here. By the time we were ready to leave, there were 9 kids on the porch wanting to go to the picnic. We packed a few into the Blazer and the rest into the Lincoln and away we went. We got to the park and there was not one picnic table available. Two of the picnic attendees went searching. They found a couple sitting at one of the picnic tables reading. They were not using the grill, so they asked the if they minded giving up the table. I was not there. I do not want to know what intimidation techniques they used, but, they got the table. The picnic was on.

It was good. I grilled 40 burgers and 24 dogs. We had sweet and sour cole slaw and deviled eggs. There were bags of chips and pop on ice. It was a hot Sunday afternoon filled with good food and good friends. It was one of those 'kinda make ya think things are alright' days. Feeling good is a scary thing. I hope it lasts.

No comments: