Saturday, August 28, 2004

Olympic What ?

We just finished watching the mostly disappointing "Whole Ten Yards" and flipped the TV to the regular channels. There we came upon the thrill a minute Olympic sport of Women's Mountain Biking. If you are a women's mountain biking fan, please forgive me. The gold medal winner from Norway, I am sure was thrilled as she could be after being on the bike for almost two hours. However, that had to be one of the most boring things I have ever seen. I am sitting on the edge of my seat for the next exciting round of Olympic Root Canal. It is coming, I am sure. Toss the idea to FOX for a new reality show. Job Olympics.
Everything in America has become a competition. Competition permeates everything we do. We all want to tbe the best at something. It begins before grade school. My son is in 3rd grade now. Last year, he was involved in a math thing thru McDonald's. He was in competition that was more than school wide, it was city wide. I just want the kid to know how to do the math. I really don't care if he can cypher better than the rest of the kids in his class. I can see it now. Olympic Math.

No comments: