Friday, August 20, 2004

oooooo tainted love

I have just come from a monstrous cavern of despair where I faced an evil life sucking vampyric ogre and her minion. Not, it was not the endless pits of despair of Algerspits. It is not the bottomless pits of Everland. Nooooooo. It is the family courts of Fayette county. My Ex had me there for the third time in three months to debate the great child support debate.
Here is the rub. My income is approximately one seventh of what it was last year. Her income has doubled from last year. Yet, she and her minion has asked that I be imputed with wages 33% higher than I made last year. She has asked that my child support be almost tripled.
In June the Judge lowered it but insisted that I put in 15 job apps per week. I did and still do. Next month, in July, she doubled it plus a little bit because I was working a short call. This month, she was in a quandary. The minion of the vampyric ogre was insisting that I have wages imputed to me as if I were making $50K a year (which I am not making anywhere close to) and that my CS be based on that. The judge didn't buy that. She said she believed I was looking for work. My Ex said she believed I was looking for work. Every week, 15 new people believe I am looking for work.

(Any lawyers out there wanna take a pro bono case ?)

We settled on a monthly amount that I do not have. The judge promised not the throw me in jail today for not having it. We come up for review on November 19th. We shall see if the monster of the quagmire gets me or not.

No comments: