Sunday, December 07, 2008

Pain

We tried to go to church this morning, but couldn't. Tammy was in too much pain. She can't get comfy for long in any position, but driving is more difficult. I think the very movements of getting into a vehicle aggravate the nerve so much that any movement after is agony. Tammy is a strong woman. She has a high pain level. This is too much. It is constant pain. It varies from throbbing to excruciating. She has an appointment with her ortho on Thursday. I don't think she is going to make it that long.

The problem (well. part of it) is that she cant get the treatment she needs here in our town and the 30 minute drive to where she can get the care is excruciatingly painful.

What hurts the most for me is that there is nothing I can do to help her or alleviate her pain. She got somewhat comfy on the couch downstairs. so, she decided she would try to sleep there last night. I slept on the other end of the couch sitting up. She did get some good sleep, but awoke stiff and in agonizing pain if she moved. Still, she was determined that she wanted to go to church. It proved to be too much to try. We stopped to get gas ($1.59/Gal here) and she was in so much misery, she asked me to take her home.

One of the things Tammy loves about me is my ability to find her smiles. When she is sad, or hurt, or angry, I can find a way to make her smile. she says that I know where she keeps her smiles. This is killing me, in that, I am unable to do anything when the pain brings her tears. I can't touch or rub her in anyway to bring relief.

We will be calling the Ortho on Monday to see if they can get her in immediately. Something has to be done about this.


If you are a praying person, please pray for her. If not, pray for her or send your best positive thoughts our way.

3 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

Oh no. I will pray. I'm so sorry you guys are going through such a painful time.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! Sent her an email earlier...

K and/or K said...

I am one of those praying people and I will. Hang in there!