Friday, December 12, 2008

The Fun Sponge

I have apparently hit another milestone in my life. I didn't think I would ever get to this one. I have become:
A FUN SPONGE

Usually, I spend much time upstairs in my sitting room. It is where it is quieter. My computer is there. TJ is usually there reading. We can talk.

The kids spend more time downstairs in the living room. There is a computer there. The TV is there.

With TJ's recent back problems, she has had to stay downstairs much more. I have been staying downstairs with her as well. It seems that one of the kids thinks that our being in the room is somewhat inhibiting of her having fun. It seems that something she does, she cant do if we are there. I ain't sure what that is, but I am darn sure interested in finding out.

Before, she complained because we didn't spend enough time downstairs. Now, she keeps asking if we are going upstairs. It is because, I am the fun sponge. Apparently, me being in the room sucks all the fun out of it. I just walk in and suck up all the fun. I can't believe this has happened. I used to be such a fun guy. I used to party late and sing karaoke. I used to hang out until all hours of the night/morning. I used to laugh and tell jokes.

Now, I am just a fun sponge.

Hey, you two over there, stop having fun this instant !

2 comments:

Retro Girl said...

I'm sorry, but I always felt whenever you entered whatever room you were in -- the fun began!! That child apparently hasn't seen you out socially in action enough or something lol (or it's just that kid attitude lol)...heheh. You guys just need to have the karaoke party in the living room...invite over a couple friends, and crank it up to a nice little roar! hehe

Heather of the EO said...

I never thought my parents were any fun either, but that was because I didn't have a clue :)

I'm pretty sure I'll terrorize my boys one day with my ability to soak up all the fun. But that's just fine. Most "fun" at that age is NO GOOD :)