Friday, October 24, 2008

sleep driving amnesia

I can't remember driving my car last night in my sleep. I must have sleep driving amnesia.

Ambien has the warning in their ads about sleep walking while not fully asleep and driving while asleep and having no memory of it. If you have any of these symptoms, notify your doctor immediately.

Brings several questions to mind:

If you are not fully asleep, how can you be sleep walking? Wouldn't that be 'nearly asleep walking'? If that is the case, I do that every night when I wake up in the middle of the night and amble my way to the bathroom to weewee. I am not fully awake, but I am not fully asleep, and I am walking. Fortunately, my nearly asleep aiming is fairly good.

Then there is the sleep driving and having no memory of it. Do you remember driving last night while you were sleeping ? TJ says she cant drive in her sleep because she cant find her keys when she is awake, let alone when she is sleeping. If you wake up in the morning and there is an empty slurpee cup on the night stand, you may be having sleep driving with no memory and a 7/11 slurpee side. As if I didn't have enough to worry about. And people wonder why I shy away from taking medications and drugs. It is bad enough the things legal drugs can do to you. Forget the side effects of illegal drugs. Count me out!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

My sweet, sweet aunt took Ambien for awhile and it was amazing what all she did with no memory of it at all. That is some scary medicine.

Gwendolyn said...

I have entire conversations in my sleep, even without Ambien. I don't even want to know what I might do while under the influence of sleep medication. LOL

Retro Girl said...

I took ambien Cr once...i still woke up every 3-4 hours. Nothing works! (well, nothing pharmaceutical wise lol...ahem!)

Hey, guess what? Mt. Sterling is on the map...this month's Cosmo magazine has some fella from Mt Sterling in their Top Eligible Bachelors! lol (I'm sure they were so disappointed when they found out you were taken!!!) lol hugs!!

Can't wait till the day we bring little Isaac to Ky to meet Uncle Ron and Aunt Tammy! :-)