Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Day from ...

This has not been a good morning. Well, it hasn't been a terrible morning either, just not a great one.

Our waterbed has sprung a leak. We patched it. It didn't hold. That was Monday night. It did hold long enough to get to sleep and wake up damp. I wasn't soaked, but I wasn't dry either.

Tuesday, Tammy went to work with me and on our way home we stopped at a great little hardware store. The guy working there was knowledgeable and extremely helpful. He had some self adhesive waterbed patches and some vinyl adhesive. We took both. When Tammy asked about chemicals, he told us that humidifier chemicals would work, but he thought he was out of them. He went to look. When he returned, he had the chemicals and gave them to us for $1. I will be back there.

We took that home and tried the self adhesive one. It was useless. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. The adhesive came with a small (approx. 6" x 2.5") piece of vinyl. I cut a piece to work with the hole and patched it. It still leaked. Part of the problem is the top of the mattress isn't flat. It has a quilt like pattern in it, so it has rises and drops. The adhesive is gluing the patch but not filling in all the crevices, and the water seeps out of those areas.

By the time we went to bed last night, I had patched it twice and didn't want to put a lot of stress on the patch. We went to the bottom of the bed and slept there. When we got up this morning, Tammy's knee was damp. There was still some leakage. One more cut, one more gluing, one more chance. This one is going to be on there all day before any pressure is put on the bed. The last thing I want to do is drain this bed so I can patch the hole flatly., but I might have too, if this patch doesn't hold. Fingers are crossed.

the problem with the bed made me later than usual this morning. Being late already, and having already called work to let them know, I decided that a few extra minutes wouldn't matter, and stopped to get some breakfast. I usually stop at a small store near the school, but if I am late, all that is left is fried bologna sandwiches. While fried bologna sandwiches are okay some days, today was not a FB sandwich day. I stopped at McD's. I got a breakfast burrito. It sorta blew up, disintegrated, leaked on my shirt. Now I am on my way to work, late, and I have my breakfast remnants spotting my nice mauve colored shirt.

There was one bright spot. I did manage to catch a gas station that hadn't raised gas prices to $2.25 a gallon yet. It was still $2 a gallon at the Sam's club station. I saved abut $4 on the fill up. That might pay to have the shirt cleaned.

Tammy is home today with a hurting back. I hated leaving her in pain. I almost took the day off. In light of the morning, it would seem reasonable. I figured, however, the day could only get better. So, I went on to work. We will see how my Murphy's law luck holds out.

At last check, the patch is holding.

That might be a corner.

No comments: