Wednesday, February 22, 2006

You are not the last to know

I think everyone has that reality show mentality now. They all want to keep you in suspense as long as possible. They lead up to what they are going to say while making you think it will go one way, then the other way, then they hit you with the whammy.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from the Lexington Legends Professional Baseball Club.

It said:
Dear Ronald,
Thank you for auditioning to perform the National anthem at a Legends baseball game. (ut-oh) We appreciate your interest in our team and all the excitement surrounding our upcoming season (the big let down is coming). There has been tremendous enthusiasm and support ( yeah yeah, come on with it) in building what we believe to be one of the best organizations in all of Minor League Baseball. (I am sunk)

It is with great pleasure that we are looking forward to your performing of the National Anthem at Applebee's Park for the 2006 season. (WHAT !!!)

The letter went on to give info and request info for scheduling .. but it was all 'blah blah blah' to me. It took a few minutes to soak in so that I could read the rest.
Students here ... more to follow

1 comment:

TammyJ said...

Hey sexy man with the sexy voice.. I hate to say I told ya so.. oh hell no I don't.. I told ya so.. I knew you were gonna get it.. this is just more of that unwavering support my love.. I love you