Friday, February 24, 2006

No particular reason

I was in the mood to write a couple mornings ago while students worked on a switched/hot/split receptacle circuit project. I was concerned about one of the students seeming inability to address some upcoming and ongoing issues. This is what popped out. You might want to know, I am slightly empathic. (If you aren't sure ... It means I can feel what others feel sometimes.) This is a combination of what I felt from the student and what was/is already inside of me. I hope you enjoy it, or if it relates to you, I hope it helps express what you might feel.


Hiding place


Long ago I stopped listening
For that Ollie Ollie in free
I knew that "it" would be
Forever seeking the hiding me

There are moments of bravery
Letting foolish bravado abound
And other days of silence
Hiding even from the slightest sound

I have enviously viewed
The adventuresome sort
Running headlong into the unknown
Laughing at fates retort

That life is not for you
My fearful heart cries
I'll disagree with all my rage
And other passionate lies

Still

I hide

Ron
February 22, 2006


1 comment:

TammyJ said...

Hey My Poet..

I read it again.. The writing as usual is wonderful.. the words reach in and touch as they always do.. I still don't know about content.. I think it makes me feel like I did for so much of my life.. perhaps that is why I am hiding from making a decision on whether I like it or not.

I love you.. can't wait for you to come home tonight for a couple days..