Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Intimate peek

Here is your peek into my Valentine's gift to my honey ...
Words fail

Mere words could never adequately describe what I see in your smile. For all the powers housed in the delicate composition of words, languish in failure when they try to tell what this simplest of gestures implies.

It is as if the tip of the summation of your love breaks into view for the entire world to see. They see it with eyes of distance. They see it with eyes of ignorance. They see it with eyes full of doubt. However, in my eyes, it is the plainest utterance of your heart. That plainness, that simplicity, that effortless expression carries the volumes of love written on the tables of the heart. Your smile assails my senses. I melt in its fervent heat. I am blinded by its radiance. I am filled of head and heart. I am overwhelmed. I fear that I will drown, but that fear is a strange comfort. It shakes me to my being. It stirs the seat of me. I am touched in every fiber of my mortality. All of me is left dripping, saturated in the declaration of this undemanding gesture.

I am left wondering how I will stand, but being carried aloft. My strength is gone, save the strength to love you. The facade is torn asunder. The mask of my bravado is wilted away. I am left defenseless. My heart is naked and exposed, yet I am without fear. My heart has found the wellspring it has sought.

Here I may die. Here I may live. Whatever I may do from here, I will do so carrying your love and the branding of your smile.

Where words have failed, your smile has abounded.

Your Poet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was GREAT, can I used some of that next valentines day? hehe

Take care,

Craig T

TammyJ said...

My Poet..

Every woman should feel precious on Valentine's day..I am so blessed that I feel that way every day of the year.. Thank you my love for everything you do.. and everything you don't..

TJ.