Thursday, February 23, 2006

And then a long day

It was a long day yesterday. I stayed over at work for 2 hours to work on my internship. The state requires me to complete a one year internship (which you have, no doubt, heard me whine .. er .. talk about in past posts) to continue teaching. I have no problem whatsoever with that. The problem is that they require me to spend 70 hours out of class with my resource teacher advisor. This 70 hours can be spent in many ways, but one of them cannot be while I am being paid for working. My RTA will be reimbursed when we finish the cycle. He will get a check for the nearly two weeks worth of hours he spends with me (as if my glittering personality isn't enough remuneration.)

I will get nothing. Well, I will get nothing, that is, except for the benefit of his years of experience as a teacher to help me along my journey. The problem with that is this: He rambles and rarely stays on task. It drives me insane. All I can hear are the beating of native drums in my head and a resounding chorus singing , "seventy hours" over and over again.

Still, it has to be done. So, tonight, after my day of work, I will spend another 2 hours with my RTA. Then, tomorrow night, after work, just before the weekend explodes all over me, I will spend yet another 2 hours with my RTA. In the mean time, I will practice looking enthralled. I will work on my 'oh, that's interesting' appearance. (Who says I am not cut out for state government work?)

It is time for me to go. Y'all have fun.
You are going to be doing what ?
Oh my, that's interesting ....

No comments: