Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Open

Open

I noticed it in a passing glance

By chance to find me there
It wasn’t my intended aim
But once my eyes were drawn
I was like the moth and it – the flame

It had to be a mistake
For surly this could never be
Yet – there – in sight plain as day
My heart – open and free

This is impossible
I know there had to be wounds by far
It had to be torn and tattered
Or at least covered with many a hardened scar

Where could the wall have gone
I toiled so tediously to build
Not even a brick strewn about
Gave evidence of how I thought it sealed

A curious thing
This sight to behold
A thriving beating heart
Where once I felt the cold

It wasn’t by malicious choice
I locked this heart away
Each stone stacked neatly
Blocking a hurt where it lay

I thought it was safe
Far from harms advance
Resting in security
Should I need it, perchance

Now I find it tender
And willing to trust the dance
Willing to believe in love
And hurt in the balance

I can’t explain the days
Or the myriads of parts
Your love has gently opened
The petals of this heart

I know there should be fear
And probably there be
But hope sings the louder
And fills the whole of me

So, heart open
And eyes in tune
I walk in sunshine
And dream about the moon

Today will have come
And soon today will have passed
And I will live in it
In joy, for the role is cast

Meet me, my love
In the open

Ron
March 8, 2006

1 comment:

TammyJ said...

Poet..

You opened my heart..you know how much you scared me. I knew I could love you .. but where I was I was terrified of letting you in .. You gently opened the door just a bit and brought in your love.. my heart is filled to overflowing. The door cannot be shut.. nor do I want to.. the line that says it best " inside i built a wall".. you tore it down.. thank you my love..