Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I remember

I am like a child
chasing the flittering butterflies
when I try to find the words
to tell you how much I love you

I remember

Sitting in the floor in our bedroom,
I remember

I remember the first time I saw your smile
I remember the first time you spoke to me
It was the beginning of our, thus far,
nearly four year conversation
I remember our first kiss
I remember the day I wanted the world to know
I remember the song too which we danced
the first time, sang badly
by a drunk karaoke singer
I remember the way you felt in my arms
I remember every time you asked
I remember the day I asked
I remember the way I felt
When I saw you at the end of that aisle

I remember
Because ...

I can still see your smile
I can still hear your voice
I can still feel your lips
I still want the world to know
I will still ask
And I still see you
the way I saw you
at the end of that aisle

I will always remember

Ron S
March 3, 2006

1 comment:

TammyJ said...

You know my Poet.. when people read your words they feel the love you have for me.. when I read them I am overwhelmed by all that we are and all that we have together.. I love you..

TJ