Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lost a day

OK ...

I lost today.

I have been belaboring under the assumption that today was Thursday. Maybe I am ready for the week to be over. Maybe I am in a hurry to get older. Maybe I was this SkillsUSA competition to get here and get done with. Maybe I am ready for the weekend early. Who knows?

Whatever the reason, I was ready for tomorrow to be Friday.

I gave my first and second periods the 50 question/100 point open book test I had scheduled for Thursday. So, now I have moved all classes up by one day. That isn't a big deal. I can always have them in the shop re-arranging equipment and setting up for our open house (Tuesday night, next week).

While the students scour the book (or at least 10 chapters of it) looking for the plain sight answers to the question, I am busy with this and portfolio stuff for my internship. Welcome to Teaching, or Writer's cramp 101.





It is just such a let down to be in a Thursday mindset and find out that it is only Wednesday.

1 comment:

TammyJ said...

Sorry Honey... I noticed last night when you were talking bout the car rental that you seemed to think today was Thursday.. but I didn't pay that much attention to it.. there is good news tho..After friday, I get you home for 2 days.. that is always a good thing