Monday, March 06, 2006

How do ya follow ...

After my rant of Friday, how do I follow up on Monday?

I can tell you that my weekend was a mixed one.

Friday night, Tammy and I watched "Big Fish" at home in the waterbed. Tammy told me that she was tired and might not make it through the movie. I wasn't worried. I knew the movie would hook her and she wouldn't sleep. It did and she didn't. She did cry a lot, however.

We didn't make the grandsons birthday party because I talked Tammy into going to the DR Saturday afternoon and they confirmed that she didn't have strep, but did have the flu. We didn't think it was a good idea to take that to the 30 or so that were going to be at the party.

Sunday morning we went to my parents house (they weren't home to work on their computers. I fixed the one that Dad calls "mom's computer" and worked on fixing his laptop. I have to stop by there this week as early as I get a chance and reinstall his ISP.

We went the Chasity's to deliver birthday presents and pick up GS cookies that afternoon. We avoided the close contact that is normal.

Brother in law, Bobby came by later that evening to look over Tammy's van, which got over it's momentary fill of good will. It is broke again.

Today has been uneventful. Students have been working in the shop in efforts to bolster any sagging grades before the end of the nine weeks (this Friday).

I have a meeting this afternoon with my RTA (Resource Teacher Advisor) so I will be hanging out here for an extra 2 hours.

the busy of the weekend is spilling over into Monday. After working late, I have to go to Nicholasville to look at Audreys car and determine if it is worth fixing. Then, if it is worth fixing, how she is going to afford to fix it. I have ideas, but need to see the extent of the work to be done first.

On a good note ... The week didn't start out bad at all. I showed Tammy that getting up at 5:30 on a Monday morning isn't always a bad thing. (Sorry, Russ ... I know I ain't supposed to tell ya this stuff, but ...)

No comments: