Saturday, March 21, 2009

It has been a cooking day

This has been a primarily lazy Saturday.

This morning late, nearly noon, I trimmed the fat off of a roast, and cut it into pieces approximately 1/2" thick and put it in the fridge soaking in some "Pappy's XXX White Lightning all the loving you'll ever need barbecue sauce and more".

Then I diced up two green peppers. I cut up a bunch (official measurement) of green onions. I sliced up some carrots. I put them in one of those green "save your veggies" bags. I added some cashews, shook it up to mix it well, and put it in the fridge as well.

Then around 3:30 I went down and hunted out the wok. I sliced an onion and put the slices in the wok with basil oil and garlic. I cooked the beef, garlic. and the onions in the basil oil until the beef was well browned. I took the beef out and cut it into strips about 1/2" x 1/2" and returned them to the wok. I added water chestnuts and baby corn and let the beef finish cooking.

I removed the beef, onions, water chestnuts, and baby corn, and put them in a container. I added the veggie mixture to the wok and cooked them to 'almost done' status. I removed them and put the in another container. I put both of these in the fridge.

We are having a dinner tomorrow after morning services and then returning for an afternoon service. I will take rice to prepare fresh and my wok to bring the rest of the mixture back up to heat and finish the final few minutes of cooking. I might add a bit of broccoli tomorrow while cooking it. Broccoli works best when it is added fresh.

I did do the usual taste testing. I think it will be well received. It will be an oriental BBQ thang.

I do love cooking.

I'll take a pic of it if I remember to take the camera.

1 comment:

Marian Dean said...

Sounds like a good meal in prospect. Shame you are too far away, I would invite myself.

Blessed Sunday to you.

Love Granny