Saturday, June 03, 2006

Something different

The Assault

I thought it was a shallow pool, like a rain puddle
The sun would come up in the morning and chase it away
I had no idea it would overwhelm my life and change it forever
There was no clue that it would be this engulfing force

By the time I realized what was happening, it was too late
I was in its terribly powerful grasp
As much as I struggled, it was to no avail
I only entangled myself more in this bondage

Wave after wave inundated me
Invading my very core
Surrounding me at every port
Leaving me without an avenue of flight

Fear crushed me
Hope of release fled
I was trapped
Without chance of liberation

Slipping under
I marveled that this could happen to me
All my care was undone
All my caution unraveled

How could this be
How could this happen
How could I
How could I fall in love?

Ron Simpson Jr.
June 2, 2006

No comments: