Friday, June 09, 2006

Absentee

The Governor of KY is being indicted today. His lawyers will attend the arraignment, but he will not. The Governor is too busy to be there. He is in Florida on vacation.

I think this shows a complete contempt for the legal system. As Governor , he should be the shining example of legal compliance. Even if he thinks this indictment is politically motivated and has no merit, he, as our chief legal officer, should be using all diligence, to give credence to the legal system.

I know he is not required to be at the proceedings, but his disregard, considering his position, is contemptible, in my eyes.
I have not seen the evidence in the case. I have only seen the actions of the parties involved. The Governors actions speak volumes, maybe more than he intended. He should be in every court proceeding, proclaiming his innocence. He should answer every reporters question, proclaiming his innocence.

Just my take ...

No comments: