Friday, June 02, 2006

FRIDAY !!!!

I used to work for a contractor that killed all the excitement of Friday. We worked 6 days a week, so Friday wasn't the end of the work week, and we got paid on Thursday, so it wasn't payday. Talk about your downer. Anyway, it is the end of the work week for me, today, so YEAH !!

My hand is somewhat better. It is throbbing at the moment. I probably shouldn't be typing this, but if I weren't, I would be typing something else for work, so there would be typing either way. I am working on a course syllabus for each of the classes I teach to put into my Program Assessment Box. They have to be ready for inspection by Friday next. I have a class all next week and will not be here at the school to work on mine. I will be working some at home in the evenings to finish it up, but am trying to get as much done now as I can. (pain not withstanding)

I just printed Syllabus number one, three more to go, yipeeee.

I am still sleeping in the sitting position. Tammy abandoned the bed last night to sleep on the couch with me. She says she just can't sleep as well or at all if I am not in there. That is one of my superhero powers, I guess.

I have discovered an activity that the pain loves more than typing. That is driving. It hates driving. There is something about the position it has to be in and the vibration of driving that seems to aggravate it. The combination of the days work and the drive home make it flare way up.

BUT ... It is FRIDAY !!!!

I know, my pain does not know it is Friday, but I do.

The tests from the DR visit should be available on Monday. Then we will know if we are pursuing the proper treatment. I know it still hurts like a Raz-a-fraz-a-braz-a-racker when I try to write.

well, it is time to get back to the grindstone, and there is a random thought running around in my head, that might need attention sooner than later.

I might be back ...

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

It is too hard to sleep without your partner...I am the same way when Mr. Hottie goes away on business. I have to take "simply sleep" (tylenol PM without the tylenol..) so I can drift off... Hope you find comfort and relief soon :-)