Monday, May 29, 2006

The neurontin post

I am under the influence of Neurontin. It is a nerve pain kind of drug. I have done something to my left hand. It is screaming pain messages to my brain. The middle two fingers of my four fingers feel like that are in a vice. A dear friend, who happens to be a Physicians Assistant, told me to put some ice on it, take the neurontin, and ibuprofin. I took the N pill before talking to her. I was slurring slightly and rambling on like crazy. (Sorry, J)

Anyway ...
There is a situation that may be coming to a close this week. It involves the old house that I gave up in my one and only divorce. It is causing trouble with Tammy and I buying a house. We think we have it resolved, though.

What it brought to mind was my 'closest to a Rod Serling' moment. It was a
Twilight Zone moment.
I was living in Northern Ohio (a displaced Kentuckian). I was working there and surrounding areas. At the time, I was working in PA on a Nuke Plant. There was work coming up at home and I decided to come back for it. It was the building of Toyota in G'Town. I drove back and forth for several months. While here in Lexington, I looked for a house.

I found a house and decided to buy it. Kaye (the then wife) was still in Ohio and very much pregnant. I told dad the address and he started looking. He owned a house in that neighborhood when I was two years old. He checked, and sure enough, it was the same house.

That wasn't the only thing though. Dad bought the house when he was 29 yrs old. I was 29 yrs old. It was the first house he bought. It was the first house I bought. Mom was pregnant with her 4th kid which turned out to be their 3rd girl. Kaye was pregnant with our 3rd girl. I fully expected to see Rod Serling in the front yard when we got there after signing the papers.

Anywho ... That was my Rod Serling moment.

I just took my 'before bed' dose. I am headed off to Stonerville now. It was odd earlier. I rarely take drugs. I take daily doses of Synthroid, but not regular anything for anything else. It took a while for the drugs to take effect, but when it hit, IT HIT. Tammy was having fun just watching me, she said.

She is about to watch me go to sleep. lol.

2 comments:

Retro Girl said...

That was major twighlight zone stuff...what a coincidence! or was it?

Sorry to hear you've done something to your "Paw" I sure hope it gets better soon and doesn't wind up being an on-going thing (like poor Tammy's). Ice is good...hope that and the meds help you soon! :-) Take care!

TammyJ said...

Baby.. I love watching you all the time.. but you really are a fun stoner.. the part I didn't like was seeing you in pain.. I love you..