Sunday, May 21, 2006

This just in !!

More Than

That the link ... here is the actual poem ... without jumping across the web ...

More Than

When I think about what I say
When I say I love you
It mystifies me

I remember how I felt
The very first time I told you
What you already knew
And I finally admitted out loud

I know it still surprises you at times
That I still remember the day
September 17, 2002
In the dining room
In the house that is gone
On Ashland Ave

I remember how it felt
When I told you I loved you
After you said Yes to my Yes
August 2003
In the bedroom
On Oxford Circle
It was leaps and bounds beyond that day
In September

In October
In front of family and friends
On Limestone
I told everyone that I loved you
It was deeper still
Than in August

Last night
In the bed
In the bedroom
On Loudon Ave
With our legs intertwined
After watching a movie
Before falling asleep
I told you I loved you

It was more
Much more
Than that day
In September
Much more
Than that day
In August
Much more
Than that dayIn October

Tomorrow, for no real reason
I will tell you that I love you
And it will be more
Than ever before
It will still be the same three words
ButIt will be more
More than ...

Ron Simpson Jr.
May 21, 2006

2 comments:

Retro Girl said...

Your poems always make me cry! I love it...I can see you two together smiling, hugging and kissing, (Get a Room! as I always say lol) while I am reading this...I can hear you singing to beautiful Tammy at the church on the day of your wedding...You are so sweet...such a wonderful poet.

Luv you both!! Thanks for sharing...and offering such inspiration!! (And proof...dreams really do come true)

TammyJ said...

My Poet..

Your words never fail to touch my heart... I love you More Than I will have words to say