Sunday, May 07, 2006

My weekend/weekstart

This has been a great weekend, for the most part. The drama has been extremely low.

Friday was Senior Skip Day, so all of my afternoon students were gone. I left work shortly after lunch. It was great to be home with Tammy, even though Chelsea's school accident caused her to invade our 'alone' time.

Saturday was a slow moving day. We made it Mom and Dad's to work on Dad's computer, cell phone, and collect checks for our cleaning labors at his rental house. We also went by another of his rental houses to look over some electric work to be done. We did a bit of running and visiting. We made it to more than a few yard/garage sales. Tammy collected several things she just couldn't live without. She did find a hand mixer, which she has been wanting for a while.

Then, later that night, we went to Todd's karaoke. We met Red and Steve, who were in from Chicago. Craig and Robin. Dwayne and Tina, Todd2, and Kendra were there as well. It was a great visit and a fun time. There was a Karaoke Contest that night. We didn't enter, in spite of the vehement objections of our friends and other patrons. I love to sing. I sing because it is fun for me. I don't need to compete. Karaoke makes room for everyone to sing, good or bad or somewhere in between. When it becomes a competition, the less talented singers drop away. I think we lose when that happens. I like listening to the singers that can't sing, but love to sing.

Still, it was great to see old friends.

Sunday was slow (or at least has been). We went to the grocery, spent money (never a good thing), and enjoyed shopping. Tammy can't process sugar and therefore must limit her sugar intake drastically. I got her some vanilla, no sugar added, ice cream. When we got home, I made her a Vanilla Milkshake with the ice cream and the 'new to us' hand mixer. She was like a little kid. She loved it. I am not sure which she liked most, but I am figuring it was the sweetness of my actions more than the sweetness of the milkshake. After all, I am a sweet guy. Just kidding.

The weekend/weekstart is progressing much too quickly, but there is still snuggling to be done, cuddling to happen, naked sleeping to occur, and much needed chest time.

Y'all enjoy ...

No comments: