Friday, January 13, 2006

Sleepy time

I am dragging my hiney today. I didn't get much sleep last night. I wake up a couple times a night. That is natural for me. That doesn't bother me. That doesn't wear me out.

Last night, I got up around 1 am to go to the bathroom. After relieving my bladder, I went to the kitchen to get a drink of water from the fridge. As I passed through the living room, I noticed the slightest of a cool breeze around my feet. This is usually a signal that a door is opened somewhere. I went to the front door and checked it. It was unlocked. Then I went into the shared foyer, and the door to the outside was standing wide open. Chris was not in bed, or anywhere inside. I locked both doors and went back to bed, assuming that Chris was upstairs.

I couldn't sleep. I got back out of bed and went to the computer, checked mail, and played Spider Solitaire. Shortly after 2 am, I heard them coming down the stairs. By them, I mean: Chris, Sierra, & Tommy. They were on the front porch, yelling back and forth, with Tommy hollering about whether he was being too loud or not. MORON !

Chris and/or Sierra tried the front door. No luck. Chris gave Sierra his key to the back door and she came in , got her pills, and left. Chris came in, returned Tammy's phone, and said he was going to sleep upstairs.

Finally, about 2:30 am, I got back to bed. I was wide awake. I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned and generally aggravated Tammy until I dozed off.

This morning at 5:15, the alarm goes off. I hit the snooze button every time it went off for the next 45 minutes.

I was running late on my morning drive, didn't stop and get breakfast, ate my lunch for breakfast, figuring I would get Steve to get me something when he goes out for lunch every day. I got to work, and there was no Steve. Lunch was crackers and peanut butter.

Still, all in all, it had it's good moments. All my students passed and most aced the safety test. It is almost the end of the week before a long weekend. I do not have to be anywhere tonight that I don't want to be. Best of all, I get to see that beautiful smile on the face of that sexy red head that puts up with me, good days or bad.

Even on a sleepy, semi bad day, life is good.

Breathing is great.

I think I will endeavor to do it as long as I can.

No comments: