Wednesday, April 15, 2009

once more out of the bed

So .. I was watching TV laying in the comfort of the waterbed, when I got out and stepped onto a soaked carpet. Now, this is never a good thing, but when you have a waterbed, it is reason to move quickly. Within minutes the sheets were stripped and the search began. The liner was filled with water when the mattress was laying in it. when we pulled the mtaress down at the head, we found no leak. A siphon hose was inserted and the siphoning began. The search continued. TJ was looking on the left side of the bed as I looked on the right. I looked over to her side and while she was holding the mattress away from the frame, I saw the small fountian.

She held her finger on the leak, while I made the mad dash to Wal-Mart for a pool repair kit (because you can never find yours when you need it.) Kyle came up to help Tj with hole holding. I found the pool vinyl repair kit and off I went to the house. A few cuts and trims, a sparing application of glue, and a quick switch (finger and patch) and we were a go. The patch holds. Of course, it does require 24 hours to cure completely, so, we are out of the bed for the night.

Fortunately, there are beds available for us to use.

That regular bed replacement is getting more appealing.

We will see.

2 comments:

WILLOW TREE said...

I couldn't help but smile when I read these posts about your waterbed because I used to have one. And a cat. So you can imagine there were plenty of times I woke up in a lake, so to speak. Truer words my friend, about never having the repair kit when you need it, lol.

I highly recommend a tempupedic mattress. Dang I miss that bed. (still paying $2000 on it... X has it) Eh, forget I mentioned it. The point is you will never go back!

Blessings, Carolynn

Debbie said...

We've had no end of family problems this week and I am behind on my reading.
We have one of those waterbeds with almost a regular mattress and individual cylinders in it. Yet, twice, I have found the side of the bed wet. Like you said, that is never a good thing. Love the "finger on the hole" image.