Monday, October 02, 2006

Trying to get back on track

I am trying to get back on track with my blog entries. I have been doing the hit or miss thing, lately.

It has been rather hectic since the move (and some time before) to Mt Sterling. I have to admit that I love this small town (pop. 5600 approx.) versus the big city (pop. 268,000 plus) of Lexington. That is not to say that I didn't and still don't love Lexington. There are things that are only Lexington. There are things there that cannot be found anywhere else. There are places and people you will not find elsewhere. However, the traffic, I will not miss. The crowding, I will not miss. Enough about that.

Today is a 'no student' day at the school. We have an advisory meeting for each program. It will be good to see my advisors, many of which are friends of 30 years. Some are new friends. They are all related to my field and will tell me what the industry is looking for in employees, so that I can better teach my students the things they need to succeed.

Tonight, hopefully, will be a door planing night. Several of the doors in the house stick or wont close completely. They are solid wood doors and can be planed slightly to fix the problem. I have to borrow a planner from the Carpentry teacher or buy one. The C teacher will want to tell me how to do the job, so buying one might be the better idea.

Other than that, it promises to be a quiet night.

Oh yeah, one of the changes that happened coming here was Chella getting into ROTC. She loves it. She is up for promotion. She is staying out of trouble. Discipline problems at the school are detrimental to her ROTC career. I think it is that, and the fact that she is growing up. Congrats, Chella, I am proud of ya.

I might also add here, that I am proud of all my kids. All seven of them. I told my oldest once, that there was nothing she could do that would make me cross the street to avoid her or make me ashamed to introduce her as my daughter. I may not always agree with her choices and decisions, but she will always be my daughter, regardless. I feel that way about all the kids, my 3 and Tammy's 4.

later all.

No comments: