Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sorry

I know it has been a while since I posted.

It seems we are busier than ever these days. There is always something to do, or somewhere to go.

Friday, we were going to break down and go singing, until we realized that Tammy had to work on Saturday, and I had an all day class. It was the update class required for my Mater Electrician license. There is a group here that offers the classes free to teachers. I was taking advantage of that offer.

I have been experiencing some mild stomach pain on and off for a little while. Saturday morning, on my way to the class, I ate a little breakfast. This caused a sharp stabbing pain in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen. It was about six inches to the left and just below or even with my belly button. It went away once I was at class and walking around and sitting.

The class lasted about 6 hours. We skipped lunch to end it earlier. So, I was out about 2ish. On my way home, I stopped and grabbed a bite to eat. When I got home, I was in terrible pain. I looked it up on the pain chart at one of the medical sites, and it was classified moderate pain. When I got up to walk, it jumped to severe. The pain also radiated to my left shoulder. We began looking on the web for possible causes. Where the pain is, is away from everything that should be causing the pain.

I have heard from several what they think it might be. I just did the real smart thing and called my friend that is a Physicians Assistant. She says it should not be gall bladder unless my organs are reversed, which is possible but not probable. She thinks it sounds like colon or most likely, stomach. That is because the pain is almost immediate upon eating.

I have already called into work. I will do some paperwork from here and email it in, so my students will have work to do (oh joy.) Of course, stubborn me called into work on my way back from being under a house working on a furnace.


I will call my DR tomorrow morning to get in. If I can't be seen, I will go to the Urgent Treatment Center.

I appreciate kind thoughts and prayers (if ya are the praying type.)

I'll let ya know what happens.

No comments: