Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wonderful !!

The hectic-acism has returned to my life.

Tammy, with all her usual drama in tow, has made it back for Florida. I say this 'tongue in cheek', as I knew trials and tribulations of raising kids before we married. I had a slight inkling as to the drama associated with her family (although it was from the outsider looking in standpoint.) You must understand, while my family is not perfect and we do have our little dramas here and there, Tammy's family is drama central. Someone is always going thru something that they think we need to be involved in or at the very least, know all the details of.

So, Tammy is back and has hit the ground running. I think the running part just helps keep her own natural nervous energy from driving her completely insane (partial insanity is required.)

This morning she had her usual running minus a bit (kids are out of school.) She still had to meet Chris across town and bring him back across and take him to work just inside Clark Co. She, then went home, showered, and headed to the courthouse to appear for dad in an eviction (it is actually the wrong term) hearing. ** According to one of the Real Estate instructors that taught in the school I attended (Yes, I have my RE license [in escrow]), eviction is when the house in not able to be lived in by reason of damage or lack of working utilities (ie. No heat or water.) The process of removing a non-paying tenant is 'ejection.' We have used the term wrongly for so long that most people (except the educated readers of blogs like this) think the wrong use is the right one. (Just a little FYI.)

I am seriously looking at what work I can take home and thinking of not coming back in after today until Monday. I like the idea of sleeping in for 4 days and spending more time with my drama magnet hunny.

I reviewed the bills for the trip to Florida to help Jim move. Not counting food and lodging, which were all by our choice, the cost was $972.13. In my reckoning, Jim owes at least half of that. Deducting the $50 he gave Tammy in Florida (and saying that made he and her even ... In his dream world) that leaves him owing us $436 (dropping the odd cents because we are just nice like that.)

He has furniture in the U-Haul that will be moved into the storage. When he comes up with his half, he can have his furniture. Until he comes up with his half, all assistance will come to an end. He will be finding his own apt. He will be finding his own DR. He will be making his way alone in this world (unless he can find someone else to con into doing it for him.)

Tammy has already called the nursing home where her mom is and warned them that he is in town and is still on the 'no contact' list. They assured her that he will not be allowed to see Carol. If he tries, he will be informed that he is to leave the building. 'Pitching a fit' about it will result in legal intervention.

OK ... Shaking off the drama.

Last night, I got to sleep beside that sexy red head. She was exhausted, even tho she did try to rest during the day. There were no activities that Russ couldn't know about. She told me this morning that she slept like a rock. I tend to disagree, cuz I have never heard sleeping rocks snore, but ....

She will tell you that I have no room to talk about anyone snoring, but I am not the one that claims I do not snore or fart, you know?

Let me tell you, I snore, and I fart, and I vote. (just thought of that bumper sticker I see in KY ... I smoke ... and I vote.) I do all three with exuberant passion.

Back to the grindstone ...

No comments: